Arrós amb penques
Ingredients for 6 guests:
- 468 g of chickpeas dry, heavy before soaking, and soaked in the eve only with water.
- 3 medium bottles (also called Colinabos).
- 6 parsnips.
- 6 big pitchers.
- 6 medium sized crepes.
- 1 little piece of pork.
- 1 pork ear
- 1/4 kg of lean pork in a taco.
- 1/4 of kg of veal in a taco.
- 1/2 chicken (in the absence of this, half chicken, but its flavor is not the same).
- 3 blanquets (typical Valencian sausage type white sausage).
- 468 g of rice.
- 1 manojito of parsley.
- 6 saffron slices or a dye pouch.
- 1 tail of pork.
- 100 g of white bacon without salt.
For the balls:
- 1/4 thin pork chopped.
- 50 grams of pork lard.
- 6 large spoonfuls of grated bread.
- 50 grams of pine nuts.
- 3 cloves garlic.
- 3 eggs.
- A little flour.
- 1 Manojito of parsley.
- White pepper
In a large pearl, because not only does it fit everything but we can make a lot of broth, we will put the chickpeas, and on them, all the meat. Then, all the vegetables, taking care that at the top of the whole are the potatoes, then the saffron or the dye and salt, to taste, to be able to rectify towards the end of the stew. It must be kept in mind that the pot never gets rid of it, or when it is used.
Then fill the pearl with water, almost completely, leaving only the just because it does not boil when boiling, and put it on a strong fire. As soon as you start to boil, we reduce the fire just enough so that cooking is done without excessive evaporation, because it must be at least two hours, cover the pearl and leave.
During this time, we will prepare the balls as follows:
- Put the garlic in the mortar in some salt so that it is easier and then cut the parsley.
- In a glass bowl, we put the meat, and over it the breadcrumbs, butter, pine nuts, chopped garlic, parsley, eggs, salt to taste, a teaspoon of green pepper and a bit of coffee (like a knife tip) of cinnamon. We will graze well with your hands until it is completely homogeneous. Then, we will put flour in our hands so that we do not stick the dough and we will divide it into six parts forming each of them a ball, which we will leave reserved and prepared.
When we are already enough more than half cooking, we can throw the balls over the other ingredients to ensure that they are covered by the broth as much as possible, and we cover them.
When the cooking is over, about two hours or a little longer, we will bring the fire pearl. In a separate pot, we will put plenty of broth that we will remove from the pot at that time and we will put it to the heat again, and when it begins to boil, we put the rice and remove until it starts to boil again. On him we will drop the manojito of parsley to which we will only cut the tails almost to the leaves. Rice will be ready in 15 minutes. We will have to serve it quickly and very well. Many people like to eat parsley, but if not, decorate the dish and can be removed in full.
While you cook the rice, we will serve the pot by placing the vegetable in a fountain, the meat in another, and the chickpeas in a deep plate, everything on the table, so each one can serve what he wants and in the order he wants. .